Friday, June 1, 2012

Retirement


Yea!  I'm finally retired -- but at the same time I have to confess -- there was a lump in my throat as I was driving off the base.  Yes, folks - retirement to me was a little bittersweet.

Don't get me wrong - I am ready for retirement.  After all, I gave 36 plus years to the Government!    But I have to say that I was very lucky.  Working with the military men and women was the very best job anyone could have and they are the ones I will truly miss the most.  There is always a sense of pride working with them and you get to meet so many wonderful people from all over this great nation. 

And to all the men and women in blue -  I salute you!




First picture is my drive into Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio Texas.  The second picture is my last drive out.  There goes that lump again!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. HI PAT. FEEL PROUD OF YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU GAVE THE BEST OF YOU FOR SO MANY YEARS. IT'S KIND OF HARD LEAVING SO MANY PEOPLE BEHIND BUT BE HAPPY. NOW YOUR TIME IS FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR DOLLS AND CRAFTS.
    GOD BLESS YOU. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lucky, Lucky you! Congrats on your retirement, but think of all the dolls and such you can make now. I do envy you, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Pat! I feel for you. I know you are proud. You did good! Bless you and your retirement. I'm looking forward to your beautiful doll creations.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your retirement Pat! I'm sure it is/was bittersweet, but I'm sure you'll find lots of time to create now!!
    Have fun and happy dollmaking!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know they will miss you, too. It's rewarding to work at a place you love and with people that appreciate you. I'm happy for you and your retirement! Happy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your retirement! Looking forward to seeing all those dolls you will be making now that your retired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the pictures are amazing. I felt the same way on my last day of work. It was like WKRP in Cincinatti, off the air, and I cried. I know you will find life awesome and exciting. Will keep track of you on the blog and on fb. Hugs, Vicki

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...