Thursday, April 12, 2012

Being Creative

Whether it's designing your own patterns or using a purchased pattern, being creative is what makes your crafts special. The faces I draw and paint on my dolls doesn't necessarily follow the specific pattern.  I love to add my own personal touch when creating their personalities.  This has to be the best part in creating my dolls -- or is it choosing the fabric? 

At the moment, the only things I've dappled in the "designing world" are a few stitchery patterns.  One day I hope to tackle doll patterns and wool patterns.  A few of my favorite doll patterns are My Raggedy Dolls, Sweet Meadow Farms and Apple Orchards.  Thank you ladies for creating some wonderful patterns.

I love reading your blogs with all the creative things you do.  There is so much inspiration out there and many inspiring women and men.  And to all my blogger friends - I might not always have to time to comment on your creations, but please know that I do read and keep up with all your beautiful work of arts.  Soon, after retirement in about 8 weeks (but whose counting), I'll have more to time to get in those comments.


Here is the finished wall hanging I had posted earlier.



As you can see by the photo of the pattern by Threads that Bind, I tweaked it a little by adding the words "Kindred Spirits" instead of using the alphabet.  By making this small change I created something special just for me!  This will hang in my kitchen - and I love how it turned out.

Here's to continuing "being creative"

This world is but a canvas to our imaginations - Henry David Thoreau



4 comments:

  1. I am excited for you to retire. Wht fun you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you create the faces on your dolls. Just think of the patterns you will be making and designing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love that pattern. Wool is so fun to work with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wool piece is just so beautiful! Great work!

    Ilene

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...