Sunday, April 3, 2011

Custom Order and Round Top

Hi! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I did. Hubby and I went to Round Top Texas on Sat. What is Round Top TX? Just the greatest Antique show in Texas! It is fabulous! The antique show starts from Round Top all the way to Warrenton, which means 10 miles of vendors all line up in open fields. Like one big garage sale. I think I read somewhere that it has about 2,000 vendors. Of course it's impossible to see everything in one day, but we spent 8 hours trying! Some of you might have heard of it - this event happens twice a year in the Spring and Fall. Very interesting and fun. Bought a few things like lace, hankies, rusty keys (all for my dolls) and a very nice stool for my kitchen island. We had a great time, but we were exhausted last night.

But I did have just enough energy today to finished the doll above. Her name is Maria Clara and is a special order for a little girl in Portugal. I hope she loves her.

I'm working on another doll and will have her listed in Etsy soon - hopefully by Wed. Since I was out all day yesterday I have to finish my wash - not fun :0(

Take care!

7 comments:

  1. Pat,
    I would love to give that a try. I could walk all day, and not tire of antiques!
    I'm sure your gal in Portugal will love Maria Clara!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds like a alot of fun. Love your little doll, she is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious she is! I am sure the lady will LOVE her! Texas does everything BIG! I went to the sale in Canton a couple of times...it takes all day to walk through if you don't stop to look! And who can do that? Sounds like you got some good finds! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies - yes, Texas does everything big. These vendors come from all over the nation. Great finds too. Pat - I know you would love it. It is about an hour and half from my home, but many folks stay nearby hotels and spend the weekend there and still not see everything. Thanks for the nice comments of Maria Clara.
    hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Clara is beautiful. How wonderful that she gets to travel to Portugal. I'm jealous of your trek to the antique show in TX. Sometimes being hemmed in up here gets me cabin fever blues. We can't get out unless we fly or ferry. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they will love her surely!! she's so cute! great job!!!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dolls ,theu are so cute!!!
    do ;from paris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...