Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wool, Wool, Wool







Is one of my favorite fabrics. Not only is it easy to applique with, but you can purchase some beautiful dyed colors.

I especially like using wool with my Christmas crafts. I use it in wallhangings, table runners, pillows, ornaments, Santa's outfits, snowmen - just about anything and everything.

The easiest way I work with wool applique is by drawing my design on freezer paper. I then cut about a fourth of an inch around the design and iron (shiny side down) onto a piece of wool. After the ironed piece is cool, cut on the traced line. Remove the freezer paper and you then have the applique piece. So easy to applique - no turning under - just tack it down with DMC floss. I've added some of my work. Try it - soon you'll be hooked as I am! Happy sewing.....

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I would love to try...but I know already how these things turn out for me! LOL...me and floss do not agree, me and sewing do not agree...it is a wonder that I can even complete a doll - lol...yours are fab though!

    XOXO Jess

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...